The Director of the Division of Local Government Services
has proposed amendments to rules pertaining to Qualified Purchasing
Agents. Proposed amendments to N.J.A.C.
5:34-5.1 and 5.2, together with the proposed repeal of 5:34-5.3, address the
- the course requirement for green product purchasing
- continuing education requirements (CEUs) for QPAs
- a grace period under certain circumstances for
obtaining CEU credits
- the Director's discretion to waive minimum CEU hours
under certain circumstances; and
- a fee for QPA certification renewals.
The full rule proposal can be viewed online at http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dlgs/resources/rules_docs/PRN%202014-085%20(46%20NJR%20909(a)).pdf
under the "Proposed Rules" section of the Division's webpage. Comments on the rule proposal must be
submitted no later than August 1, 2014 to: Jason R. Martucci, Esq. -
Administrative Practice Officer - Division of Local Government Services - P.O.
Box 803 - Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0803.
Comments may also be emailed to email@example.com
with the subject line "N.J.A.C. 5:34-5 Proposed Rule